Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Liken fans don't miss this!: Jonah and the Great Fish, live on stage!



Perhaps you are a Liken fan, perhaps you've never seen a Liken the Scritpures DVD, but here is a performance you will want to see if you are in the area of Orem, Utah Feb 5 through the 15th. I've had the fun opportunity to be in 4 films in the Liken the Scriptures DVD series produced between 2004 and 2006. When the economy changed production on any new projects had to stop for awhile. So here we are, after an entire three year absence, Liken's next DVD is first hitting the stage at the SCERA Centre Theatre in Orem, UT.

The cast that you will see on stage is the cast that you will see on the DVD. They are performing for the public at night and filming the musical portions of the DVD during the day over the course of the stage run.

I'm the one exception that will not be seen in the musical portion of the dvd. As you can see I have several other performing obligations over the course of the stage run and had counted myself out of the Jonah oppotrunity because of them. But the producers of Liken still called and said they wanted me to be the father of the modern day girl who is imagining the story of Jonah on the nights I'm available. Yahoo!!

So I'll also be in the stage production on the following nights: Feb 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 15 and I'm so excited to be reunited with some great friends - David Osmond as Jonah, Katherine Nelson as the Queen, J. Michael Bailey as The Capitan, and Jared Young as a leader of a gang of wicked Ninevites. The entire cast is phenomenal! And....even though I have a non-singing role in the production, it doesn't necessarily mean I won't be singing on the nights I'm there. (tease, tease)

Click here for further details and to get your tickets and I hope to see you there.......AND at the concert with Jessie in Salt Lake on the 5th or 6th...........AND at the concert in Logan on the 13th........and.....that's about it for now.......I think!

2 comments:

  1. Dan, my family loves the Liken movies, and we particularly love your singing talents and entertaining. We are coming to the Jonah movie on the 11th. It's funny, we bought our tickets to the Jonah premiere, hoping that you or Dallyn were going to be in there, and the latest thing we had seen was that you were not going to be in the show on the 11th when we were going to be there. By the way we are coming from Boise to see the show. So last weekend my wife saw on your blog that you were going to be in Logan on the 13th so we decided that we had better buy tickets to your concert in Logan. We love Jenny as well. I was shocked to just read that you were going to be in Jonah on the 11th. That means that we will be able to see you perform twice in 3 days. My kids are going to nominate me as father of the year... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, this was so much fun, and your "impromptu" performance at the beginning was gold. Thanks for the fun!

    --Court

    ReplyDelete