Sunday, August 23, 2009

Daniel Beck voted New Artist of the Year by LDS Booksellers Association



The first part of August of every year all the independent LDS bookstore owners and employees from all over the US and Canada that make up the LDS Booksellers Association come together here in Utah for a convention. During this time they get to see new products that are available or will soon be available to sell.

Wednesday night August 5th I participated in a musical showcase with some artists from Sounds of Zion and Positive Music and Downloads. I performed "Love Like That" and "Amazing Grace" for the good folks that go out and try to sell our music. Other artists that performed were Sam Payne, Jessie Clark Funk, Marvin Goldstein, One Clear Voice, Mitch Hansen, Cherie Call, and in the coolest and most surreal moment of the evening, Kevin Peay and Joel McCausland, better known to the world as Afterglow, who sat next to my wife and I, performed as part of an announcement and promotion for their new cd that is coming soon.

Thursday August 6th, the LDSBA had a banquet and awards program that I was honored to attend because I have been voted by the LDSBA as the New Artist of the Year and received the award at the banquet. It's a beautiful award and am thrilled to receive it. Thank you to the LDSBA, Gaylen Rust and his crew, and Kenneth Cope who produced my album, and who, coincidentally, was name the Male Artist of the year by the LDSBA on the same night. How cool is that?!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that is greatly deserved! Let me introduce myself...I saw you perform for the first time in 2002 in The Scarlet Pimpernel. I was amazed! I was thrilled two years later to see you again in the same production. I bought your CD the day it came out, and I enjoy it so much! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your amazing talent with us. With so much negetivity portrayed in the world, it is a breath of freash air to hear songs of joy and gladness. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of this is a surprise, Dan. You are most deserving of all accolades! WE continue to love your CD and we buy it for gift-giving. Hope to catch you at the SCERA benefit. I was too slow to get on-line to buy Dallin's show at ED.WEEK and it was sold out:( Heard it was awesome. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete